Monday, May 7, 2007

Mother~Daughter Tea







Tonight we had our Mother~Daughter Tea with our church ladies. It turned out very nice and we had around 50 people there. Sis. Wetherald talked about her family and the heritage that she has been given. They then opened it up for anyone to say something about their Mother, Daughter, Grandmother, etc. Several said something about their special person and made everyone Boo Hoo, including me!! (Just like women!) Well... I had to get up and sing after that and of course, I too got choked up during my song as I began thinking about the legacy that I am giving to my own children. There sat Paige looking at me.
Then it was on to fun things. We had a little "fashion show" and several of us had to model special outfits. I wore a "Son Dress!" It was loaded with pictures of my boys! I also had to wear an "Evening Gown" and it had the moon and stars all over it! We had a "Cotton Dress," "Ball Gown," "Seersucker Dress" that was loaded with suckers, a "Dinner Dress" loaded with McDonald's products, a "Print Dress" covered with newspapers and a "Tea Length Dress" covered with tea bags which was perfect for our party. Here are a few pictures of our evening!
Don't forget your Mother's this Sunday!!!!!!

0 comments: