Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

We have been in revival this week and on Saturday we took our Junior Church kids on a "field trip" to a local fire station. We had kids show up for the field trip that we hadn't seen in months! (Isn't that how it always works?!) :) We had 27 kids and 9 adults so it wasn't too bad. The real chaos was when we took them to Snappy Tomato Pizza for lunch! (We had called the day before to "warn" them that we were coming so they would be prepared! Well, the boss forgot to tell them we were coming so they were floored when we all came piling in just before noon! About 12:45pm their phone rang and it was their boss telling them we were coming! (Just a smidge late...)
Today we had another "hero" come to speak to the kids! My best friend, Amy Holsapple's husband, Jeremy, is a fire fighter and he came to talk to the kids about his job! As always, they thoroughly enjoyed it and asked all kinds of questions! They barely left me any time for a story! We told the 3 Hebrew children and the fiery furnace to go along with the fireman theme! Today was my last Sunday to have to teach for a while! I enjoy teaching when it is my turn,but also breathe a sigh of relief when I know a have a few months off! (So does my Mom since she has to fight my kids while I am teaching!!! :)
I enjoyed getting to visit and have lunch with my friend, Amy. We have been best friends since Kindergarten and even though we don't see each other often, we are still close friends today!
We are closing out our revival tonight and Brother and Sister Miller have done a great job this week. He has preached some wonderful messages on how to become a better Christian, walking with God, building altars, etc. It has been a help to me and I really appreciate their ministry!
Tomorrow I am taking supper to Gene's cousin, Shelly, who is going through Chemo and Radiation! Please remember to keep her in your prayers as you think of her. She is having a difficult time.

In closing, I will say "Happy Birthday to my Blog!!!" I can't believe I have been doing this for a year already! Time flies when you are having fun!!!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Unknown

"Sigh"...now it's my turn! My heroes are going to seem boring after what they've had this month...guess I'll have to spice things up back there! :)

Michelle

I haven't seen Amy for a while --- I guess since Thanksgiving. We usually come back home Saturday evening when we visit mom and dad. and, of course, that's when they ARE home for the weekend! ;o)

Glad you had a good field trip! Those kids will remember that for a long, long time!

Sheila

Yeah!!! Your month is finished. :) After what happened in preliminaries this morning, maybe it's a good thing, ya think???

Glad you had fun with the Heros Theme. I know my two grandsons& granddaughter loved it!

Sheila

P.S. I want copies of those pictures of Peyton & Carter!

Leah

It was nice to see Jeremy H. We haven't seen or heard from them in ages, but our son was dedicated in the same service as their son. If you talk to them, please tell them "hello" for us. (I assume they are still in Bedford?)

Karen Walden

Leah, yes Jeremy and Amy still live in Bedford and attend Brother Sankey's church. They have the three boys and are really cute kids!

A Peek Into My Life

Looks like the kids are having lots of fun!

Happy Blogaversary, too! :)

Beth Stetler

It was good to see the pics of Jeremy. He and Amy are great!