Friday, March 30, 2007

This too shall pass...




I had a children's CD playing throughout the house today and walked around the corner to find this...

For some reason, the kids love to climb on my coffee table and act like it is a "stage." They pretend to sing into the microphone and dance. They have about worn the finish completely off my table. They have broken both of my lamps in my family room, and my couch has also seen it's better days. I will never again get anything with white on it as long as I have kids around. We have been married 10 years now and it is time for new furniture. I am ready to go shopping tomorrow but then I think, why bother?? They would probably do the same to my new stuff. I just keep telling myself, they will grow up so fast and will be gone and I will miss these days!!!

4 comments:

Michelle

Umm, yes! My family room couch has seen much, much better days also! The girls' favorite place to sit while watching a video is on the back of the couch. They aren't allowed on my set in the living room unless they are just sitting!

Michelle

Was thinking about this today! Allow me to make a recommendation for when you do go purchase furniture. Go to Ashley Furniture and purchase something in their Durapella line. It's awesome! When we first got our set (we got it 3 years ago) Steven drew roads and parking spaces on it with green and yellow crayon. I about fainted. However, I used their cleaning kit and you would never know the difference. It is very kid friendly, "soft" and so easy to clean! They still aren't allowed to play on it though.....

Anonymous

"Hey, guys, cute kid!" :-)

Anonymous

Oh, yeah, I forgot to sign my name to the last one. You could probably narrow it down to just a few people, though! I don't like anonymous posters. I think it's rude. :-)
So glad you started blogging! I love being updated on everything that's going on in your life! Keep posting!
Jody